- Leave the tattoo bandaged for a minimum of 3 hours and no longer than 12 hours.
- If the bandage is stuck on your new tattoo, gently remove it while under running water. This will reduce the risk of damaging your tattoo.
- Once the bandaged is removed, using an unscented, mild, soap, wash the tattoo off well with your hand and warm water.
- When done washing the tattoo off, gently PAT the tattoo dry with a clean towel and allow the tattoo to air dry for about 5-10 minutes.
- Apply Curel (Ultra Healing/Fragrance Free) or other unscented dry skin lotion to the tattoo 4-6 times per day.
- The lotion can be applied to the tattoo 3-4 times daily for about 10-14 days or until the tattoo is completely done peeling.
- Somewhere between 3-6 days your new tattoo will start to flake off like tissue paper. Do NOT pick or scratch your new tattoo. You will notice small pieces of dry skin containing color coming off while using the lotion or washing the tattoo. This IS normal, and is the top layer of dead skin coming off. Your tattoo is not disappearing.
- Do NOT re-bandage the tattoo once the original bandage is completely removed.
- Do NOT allow direct sunlight on your new tattoo for the first 2-3 weeks.
- Do NOT pick or scratch your new tattoo while it is peeling.
- Do NOT soak the tattoo for at least 2 weeks.
- Do NOT swim, take a bath, or enter a hot tub or sauna for 2 weeks or until the tattoo is healed completely.
- Do NOT shave or wax the area until your new tattoo is completely healed.
- Do NOT apply alcohol, Vaseline (petroleum jelly) or sun block to a fresh tattoo.
- DO NOT hesitate to call if you have ANY questions or concerns.
Some Extra stuff:
- Once you leave the shop proper care of your new tattoo is your responsibility.
- Small amounts of color may appear on clothing and or sheets for the first few days, this is normal.
- When your tattoo is peeling color will appear in small pieces of dry skin.
- If the tattoo is in an area where it can be exposed to air, allow it to breathe. Allowing the tattoo to breathe will help the healing process. Your body and oxygen are healing the tattoo.
- If possible, wear loose fitting clothing over your new tattoo and be careful to not suffocate the tattoo with socks or shoes
Once again if you have ANY questions about your new tattoo please do not hesitate to call us at 608-563-4545.
Christine when might you have the time for touch up on my tattoo? Thanks Danniele
How about 330pm on sept 6th? I tried messaging via facebook.